Food Tips To Handle Your BP
Are you wondering of how to lower your blood pressure? Well, the answer for your questions may be lying in what you eat. With a self made and strict diet plan featuring foods rich in antioxidants and healthy whole grains, you can easily lower your blood pressure without the help of medication. Yes, you have heard it right, by eating right; you can naturally lower your blood pressure. Well, high blood pressure is a common problem and there are so many around us suffering from this problem which might be a cause of genetic predisposition, stress and an unhealthy lifestyle which pays a main contribution to it. Taking control of your blood pressure is the first thing you should keep in mind as too much sugar plays a major role in enhancing the blood pressure levels. Doctors recommend keeping your blood pressure under 140/90 mm Hg because blood pressure higher than this can be dangerous. If you have been struggling and often under high blood pressure, you should have your blood pressure checked every time you visit the doctor. Given below is a healthy dietary advice by the physicians and health experts for the patients looking for natural ways of lowering blood pressure:
- Restrict to a low fat diet which compromises lots of fruits and vegetables along with moderate consumption of red meat and sweets.
- Intake whole grain foods such as hearty breads, natural oats and barley products as they are a powerful source of complex carbohydrates and play an important role in controlling cholesterol and balance secretion of hormones like insulin.
- Consume more fruits and vegetables if you are more prone to high blood pressure. Fruits & vegetable are a good source of nutrition, and multivitamins that help keep calories low, and curb appetite which effectively works to regulate blood sugar and cholesterol levels.
- A few slices of carrots, tomatoes, fluid fruits, and steamed green leafy vegetables can do wonders in regulating blood sugar levels.
- Green peas and sweet potatoes are an excellent source of vitamins and fibre. Consuming them regularly will give you a healthy body and mind.
- Do not forget bananas as they are high in potassium and help removes excess sodium from the body.