6 Best Ways How To Make A Good Career Portfolio
A good career portfolio not only enlightens your achievements and accomplishments but it also helps present a better you. A career portfolio showcases your best works to the potential employers in a particular industry. In todays, competitive job market, it is very difficult to make up to one of the best jobs until and unless you have a good career portfolio. Therefore, the career counselling experts recommend having a good career portfolio whether you are in any field of study. It is essential for a professional to get it built properly and professionally so that it highlights your accomplishments and does no harm to your career prospects. Here are a few important tips advised by the experts and experienced professionals in the industry:
- Decide on the format and make sure to select a portfolio format depending upon your career or job outlook because how your portfolio looks will reflect your choice, intelligence and creativity. Also, do not forget to spend some time on the presentation part as it plays a key role in impressing the viewer.
- Have a look at your skills. Give a screenshot and start putting them into a document. Save it and then print it out preferably in colour, to add in your notebook you will be assembling. Think of the different ways, a prospective employer may look at you. Try practising the answers that most potential employers ask.
- Select files and attachment that showcase your work. Add work samples that are relevant and essential to be showcased when seeking for a job.
- Search the web for some perfect and professional work portfolios or career portfolios to help you make an effective one. This will give you an idea of what categories and documents should be represented in a career portfolio.
- Design the appearance of your overall portfolio as this plays a key role in impressing the employer. Include a table of index and contents, provide captions for photos and other items that are non-self explanatory and place your material in an attractive and not so simple binder.
- Update your career portfolio effectively and take it with you to each on interview. According to the professional experts, it is important to be prepared to support statements about your past performances reflecting examples from your work portfolio.