All About Making Your Eyes Healthy and Truly Alluring Naturally!
Eyes are one of the most vital and sumptuous organs, regarded as being the windows to the vast and colorful nature. Hence, strong eyesight and sound health of the eyes are of immense importance, especially to humans, for working efficiently and living life to the fullest. So, making eyes healthy and alluring is the main theme of this very informative and beneficial blog.
Like our overall body, eyes too require some special nutrition and care to keep aside or overcome troubles like age-related vision problems such as macular degeneration and cataracts; glaucoma; clouding of your eye lens; optic nerve damage; poor eyesight; blindness and night blindness; etc. The below paragraphs give complete answer to the question “how to make eyes healthy and beautiful?” in the natural way.
Broadly, the following are the most effective natural ways to enhance eyesight and keep eyes healthy through restraining the chances of various eye diseases: ----
- Keep Eyes in Hygienic Conditions: --- Try to keep the eyes always in hygienic conditions. For this purpose, you just need to wash your face and eyes carefully with clean and sterilized hands in the morning, in the evening after day’s work, sometimes in between these, if need be, and before going to bed. Always remember to remove your eye makeup before going to bed.
- Consume Regularly the Following Food Items: ---- The food for healthy eyes must contain some specific protective nutrients and antioxidants, in order to keep aside the above-mentioned eye problems and diseases, and maintain strong eye vision. The most important of these particular nutrients and antioxidants for eye health are the following, the rich and most prominent sources of which are also mentioned: ----
Vitamin C: --- Citrus Fruits; Berries; Tomatoes; Broccoli; Bell Peppers; and so on.
Vitamin A and Beta-carotene: --- Carrots; Sweet Potatoes; Spinach, Kale, and other green leafy vegetables; Pumpkin; Eggs; Squash; etc.
Vitamin E: --- Nuts; Legumes; Vegetable Oils; Wheat Germ; Sweet Potatoes; Avocados; Sunflower seeds; Green Leafy Vegetables; and whole Grains.
Omega-3 Fatty Acids: --- Affluent sources of these acids are cold-water fishes like Salmon, Tuna, and Sardines; Nuts (Pistachios, walnuts, almonds, etc.).
Zinc: --- Legumes (kidney beans, black-eyed peas and lentils, etc.); Nuts; Milk and other Dairy Products; Beef; Oysters; Meat and Poultry; Sunflower seeds; etc.
Lutein and Zeaxanthin: --- Green Leafy Vegetables (Spinach, Kale, Collard Greens, etc.); Broccoli; Peas; Corn; Brussels sprouts.
- Get Plenty of Sound Sleep: --- Take sufficient rest and sleep to avoid eye fatigue. Adults require about 7-8 hours of deep sleep in the stillness of night every day. This much sleep per day is also good for overall health of the body and facial beauty.
- Keep Your Body Healthy and Fit: --- Taking proper care of your overall body and health, protects your eyes too. So, in addition to consuming regularly and alternately the above-specified food items for strong vision and eye health, also take sufficient amount of necessary macro and micro nutrients as per your activity level, age, gender, and specific requirements. Again, light exercises are beneficial for maintaining flexibility and agility of the body.
- Quit or Minimize Smoking: --- Excessive smoking make you susceptible to eye diseases like macular degeneration and cataracts, and can cause optic nerve damage.
- Protect Your Eyes from Harsh Sunrays: --- Prefer to protect your delicate eyes from the glare of sunrays. Choose sunglasses which can block both the UVA and UVB rays of the sun. Wearing contact lenses for more than 19 hours a day is not advisable.
- Keep Care of Your Eyes While Working: --- Take care to avert eye fatigue and eyestrain while working, as much as possible. A Blog of this globally popular website published in the ‘Healthy Living’ category, offers detailed information about averting eyestrain while working at computer.