There is always an ever growing requirement for business administrative, executives, and managers, for organizing and managing businesses of all sectors. All the business schools of India and all over of world provide the following wide variety of diplomas, degrees, and fellowship programs of the International standards and as per the prevailing global business trends. A Business School (shortened generally to b-school) is a university level institution which provides many different Diplomas and Degrees in all types of Business Administration and Business Management. These diplomas and degrees cover fields of business accounting, management, administration, economics, finance, human resource development & management, industrial & public relations, sales & marketing, business strategy, information systems, operations management, organizational behavior, quantitative methods, and so on.
Business School Programs
The scope of business management is ever increasing day by day, and therefore, business schools of India provide a wide range of programs for diverse requirements. Most of the business schools of India provide Post Graduate Diplomas and Degrees in Business Management and Computer Aided Management, Post Graduation Programs in Management(Equivalent to MBA), Fellowship Programs in Management(Equivalent to PhD), Management Development Programs, Faculty Development Programs, Post Graduate Programs in Software Enterprise Management and in Public Policy & Management, Post Graduate degrees and Diplomas in Business Administration, in Personnel Management & Industrial Relations, and in R&D Management. Facilities of Online MBA programs are also available in some business school of India.
Top Business Schools
Many top business schools of India find their ranking in the most respected and popular business schools of the world. These top business schools of India offer the above mentioned business school programs, and have well-established education infrastructure, cosmopolitan environment, erudite and experienced faculties, and Research and Development (R&D) facilities. Business education fees and charges too, are quite reasonable and lenient. The top business schools of India, renowned the world over are mentioned below. In order to get into any of these business schools one has to qualify a Common Admission Test (CAT), and then go through the Group Discussion and Interviews. These top business schools of India are: -
- Indian Institute of Management (IIMs) in the cities of Ahmadabad, Kolkata, Bangalore (Bangaluru), Lucknow, Indore, and Calicut.
- Xavier Labour Relations Institute (XLRI), Jamshedpur: It was established in the year 1949. Presently, it offers PG Diplomas in Business Administration and Personnel Management & Industrial Relations, International Student Exchange program, Fellow programs, and Satellite programs.
- Indian School of Business (ISB), Hyderabad: This prestigious business school of India offers post graduate program in management within a year. ISB exclusively has a magnificent visiting faculty list, containing world’s leading academicians from institutions like Harvard, Stanford, Kellogg, Wharton, Chicago, Duke and Texas, and so on.
- Faculty of Management Studies (FMS), University of Delhi: FMS is among the top ten business schools of India, which started its full time management programs since the year 1967. Today, FMS has become business management institute of International repute.
- Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JBIMS), Mumbai: Ranked among the top 25 business schools of Asia by Asia Inc., JBIMS was established in the year 1965 with the visionary aim of pioneering and furthering ahead the PG business management education.
- Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management, IIT Mumbai: Providing exceptional and pioneering programs in business management, it was started in the year 1995.
- Management Development Institute (MDI), Gurgaon : Set up in the year 1973 with the objective of teaching business management skill to all the practicing managers of the world over, MDI is presently one of the top ten business management institutes of India.