Career in Call Centre
Join Call Centres…Way to a Good Career!
When we think about call centre jobs, the primary point which comes in our mind is late night shifts and customer care executive positions that are there to answer phone calls to customer complaints. But this notion is absolutely wrong! Call centre jobs have lot to offer. It also has a scope for managerial and supervisory positions. Call centres hire qualified people. They train them as required from different positions. Every position has got its own diction of tackling and handling technicalities. In a country like India where the growth opportunities for jobs are increasing everyday, the call centres offer a huge scope of work for the freshers.
There are two types of call centres-Inbound and Outbound. In case of inbound call centres an executive will have to take calls from the customers and to handle as well as to resolve their problems. While for outbound call centres the executive’s converse with the outside party in order to bring in orders for goods and services, collect information and follow ups. Call Centres Job Qualifications required:
In India the main objective of the call centres is to find technical people who can handle every nitty gritty detail of the customer complaints. The basic qualification needed for a call centre job is to be a graduate. Rather most of the companies prefer to take freshers as it is easier to train them and they do not have strict requirement criteria for jobs. For supervisory and managerial positions generally they demand an MBA degree or else there has to be a work experience ranging from two to twelve years depending on the position they are hiring for.
Reputed Call Centres in India:
Here is a list of renowned call centres of India:
- IBM Daksh
- GE Capital
- Impex Infotech Ltd.
- ICICI Onesource
- Orion Technologies
- Wipro Technologies
- Tata Indicom
- Cognizant Technologies
- Tata Consultancy Services
- Saffron Global Ltd
- Connect247 Ltd
- A-ONE Biz Solutions
- Abacus Data Systems
Call Centre Job Profile:
There are several basic job descriptions for a call centre employee. They are the following:
- The employee must be able to provide a good service through phones, faxes and emails.
- Should have a good listening and answering skill to solve the problems of the customers.
- Should have an active approach to handle telephone tasks like taking messages, call transfers, interruptions, holds, call backs etc.
- Should be able to understand the importance of personal attitude towards handling a call.
- Should be able enough to take calls under stress. Remember he may land up handling a customer shouting on the phone.
- Must have the capability to build good rapport with the customers.
- Should be able to handle teams
- Time flexibility is an important factor for a call centre employee. He will have to work according to the shifts.