Medical Council of India
Dating back to the Rig Vedic periods, the medical education of India, has always been worldwide prominent and popular in the field of medicine and healthcare. With the merging of time the horizon and ambit of medical education and service have been expanding continually, with the addition of new and special fields and disciplines. Today, The Medical Council of India (MCI) offers a rather wide variety of courses including MBBS, MDS, MS, BDS, MD, and various other degree, diploma, graduate, and post-graduate courses in medical science and technology sector, through its numerous worldwide famous and prestigious medical colleges and institutions situated in all across India.
‘MCI Online’ - is the well-devised and highly informative portal of the Medical Council of India. This versatile portal of the medical sector caters to all customized and conventional registrations and information’s search requirements pertaining to the medical sector. Information about the medical council of India exams is also available updated.
Functions of Medical Council of India
The following are the main and most important functions of the Medical Council of India (MCI):
- Establishment, maintenance, and regulation of the high standards of medical education throughout India, for undergraduates and postgraduates.
- Granting accreditations to medical colleges located all across the country.
- Granting recognition to all the undergraduate and postgraduate medical qualifications provided by all the medical colleges and institutions accredited by it.
- Give recognition to all foreign medical qualifications provided by medical institutions of various foreign countries, in India.
- Registration of doctors and medical practitioners with appropriate medical qualifications in India.
- Maintaining an extensive and rigorous Indian Medical Register of all qualified and registered doctors and medical practitioners of India.
- Scrupulous monitoring of overall medical education and research in India, together with the current medical practice in the country.
Medical Council of India Recognized Colleges
The Medical Council of India (MCI) undertakes and governs a large number of world-class medical colleges and institutions, which provide a variety of different degrees in a wide range of medical disciplines, to the undergraduates, graduates, post-graduates, scholars, medical practitioners, and senior doctors of diverse medical disciplines, belonging to India and abroad. Most of the medical diplomas and degrees provided by the medical colleges and medical institutions recognized by the Medical Council of India, for different medical hierarchy levels in any specific medical discipline, are of International recognition and repute. Medical students, practitioners, and professional doctors of India and abroad can find their cherished degree or degrees including MBBS, BDS, MS, MDS, MD, and various other medical degrees, from the well-established, well-equipped, and well-connected top medical colleges and institutions of India. The following is the list (not necessarily priority-wise) of top medical colleges and institutions recognized by the Medical Council of India:
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Delhi
- Christian Medical College, Vellore
- St John’s Medical College, Bangalore
- Armed Forces Medical College, Pune
- Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi
- Lady Hardinge Medical College
- JIPMER, Pondicherry
- Kasturba Medical College, Chennai
- Grant Medical College
- Madras Medical College