MBA Colleges In India
The number of colleges and universities providing MBA education is going on increasing day by day in the world over, in order to cater to the ever-growing requirements of business and management educations in businesses of all various fields. In India, Government of India has plans to set up new Indian Institutes of Management in addition to the existing ones, private MBA colleges are also being established fast, and the number of MBA colleges offering MBA education programs in various modes is on the rise. Similar is the situations in the countries of USA, UK, Australia, Singapore, New Zealand, Canada, Germany, South Africa, and various other countries, in respect of MBA education programs and increase in the number of MBA colleges. Presently, India has many top MBA colleges which provide MBA education at par with the respected and recommended International standards.
All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) is the supreme regulatory authority for MBA education and MBA colleges in India. Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) are among the best business schools of the world, admissions to which are made through the Common Admission Test (CAT) exams. CAT is therefore, the most prestigious entrance exam in the field of business and management in the whole world, and this entrance exam is going to be online from this year on.
MBA Colleges in India
India is rich in top MBA colleges, as many of its Indian Institutes of Management and business schools provide the best MBA education programs, to serve the ever-growing business requirements of contemporary world. Top MBA colleges in India, offer a variety of business & management programs (covering a wide range of fields), and have well-established education infrastructure, cosmopolitan environment, erudite and experienced faculties, and Research and Development (R&D) facilities. The duration of the majority of executive MBA courses offered by various IIMs ranges from one-year to three-year or more. Business education fees and charges too, are quite reasonable and lenient. In order to get into any of these business schools one has to qualify a Common Admission Test (CAT), and then go through the Group Discussion and Interviews. Apart from these governmental business schools, there are a large number of accredited MBA colleges and universities providing MBA degrees to students and working professionals, online and offline. A full-time MBA degree course comprises generally of four semesters of six months each, which contain dissertation & project work, industrial exposure, and training.
List of MBA Colleges in India
Many top business schools and MBA colleges of India find their ranking in the most respected and popular business schools of the world. In order to get into any of these business schools one has to qualify a Common Admission Test (CAT), and then go through the Group Discussion and Interviews. The list of top business schools of India are -
- Indian Institute of Management (IIMs): IIMs in the cities of Ahmadabad, Kolkata, Bangalore (Bangaluru), Lucknow, Indore, Kozhikode, Shillong, and Calicut. Government of India has plans to set up new IIMs in the States of Haryana, Tamilnadu, J&K, Jharkhand, Uttarakhand, and Chhattisgarh.
- Xavier Labour Relations Institute (XLRI), Jamshedpur: It was established in the year 1949. Presently, it offers PG Diplomas in Business Administration and Personnel Management & Industrial Relations, International Student Exchange program, Fellow programs, and Satellite programs.
- Indian School of Business (ISB), Hyderabad: This prestigious business school of India offers post graduate program in management within a year. ISB exclusively has a magnificent visiting faculty list, containing world’s leading academicians from institutions like Harvard, Stanford, Kellogg, Wharton, Chicago, Duke and Texas, and so on.
- Faculty of Management Studies (FMS), University of Delhi: FMS is among the top ten business schools of India, which started its full time management programs since the year 1967. Today, FMS has become business management institute of International repute.
- Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JBIMS), Mumbai: Ranked among the top 25 business schools of Asia by Asia Inc., JBIMS was established in the year 1965 with the visionary aim of pioneering and furthering ahead the PG business management education.
- Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management, IIT Mumbai: Providing exceptional and pioneering programs in business management, it was started in the year 1995.
- Management Development Institute (MDI), Gurgaon : Set up in the year 1973 with the objective of teaching business management skill to all the practicing managers of the world over, MDI is presently one of the top ten business management institutes of India.
- Symbiosis Institute of Management
- T A Pai Management Institute (TAPMI), Manipal
- Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad